Applications and Forms



Board Appointment Application

  • Board of Adjustment
  • Park & Recreation 
  • Planning and Zoning
  • Library

Employement Application

The City of Van Meter only takes Applications for Employment when a position is open. Complete the application, print and return it to City Hall at 310 Mill Street, Van Meter.




ACH Billing Authorization Agreement

The application and a voided check are required to enroll in auto payments. Once completed and returned to City Hall with the voided check, we will enroll the customer, and their utility payments will be debited from their checking account on the 15th of every month (or the following business day if the 15th falls on a weekend or holiday)

Records Request Policy and FormPDF
Equipment Checkout Agreement PDF
Sound Permit ApplicationPermit
Special Event PermitPDF 
Water Service Contract with TenantPDF
Off Duty Police Officer Request FormPDF 

Peddlers, Solicitors and Transient (including Mobile Food Vendors) Merchants 

Applicants will be charged a $25 Application Processing fee AND:

  • $5 – One day permit
  • $10 – One week permit
  • $15 – 6 month permit
  • $25 – 1 year permit

Each permit application requires a copy of a driver’s license in addition to the permit application. Mobile Food Vendors require a copy of a mobile food license and certifcate of insurance. 

If any person or group is found to be soliciting without a background check or a stamped, imprinted pass, they will be escorted out of town, along with the entire soliciting group, if applicable, and not allowed to return as a solicitor within the community.